Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Patience, speed and pit stops

While patience may be a virtue, it is not one of my personal favorites. I have a tendency to run short of it most of the time.

In this world of super computers, instant messaging, text messaging, emails, Google and everything else super speed, a person shouldn’t have to wait.

I am waiting for the results of the biopsy from last week. It is hard for me to wait, I admit that. But I also admit it is not the only thing I am doing.

I worked at the Triple Crown Hayward 300 snowmobile races on Saturday and Sunday. I have to say, I had a blast. I wasn’t expecting anything different. I have been to all three race weekends in the series, now, and it has been quite intriguing. Keep an eye on and upcoming issue of the Messenger for a story on the Triple Crown.

Being able to meet a lot of the racers and their crews, the event organizers and their crews (there are a lot of them!) has been an adventure. Everyone from the vendors to the course crew are great to work with. Not to forget the film crew and the other photographers. It has been an enthralling and rewarding experience.

Watching the races themselves are exhilarating, almost intoxicating at times. These riders are true athletes exhibiting strength and endurance while under the pressure of competition. Adrenaline rushes through every cell in their bodies, seeps out through their pores wafting through the air arousing the crowd with enthusiasm.

The racers are edgy and intense exhibiting confidence nearly touching the point of arrogance. But they have to be. They are serious competitors and show no fear. Not to say they don’t have fun when the racing is done.

I have always been a bit on the adventurous side. White water kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, black diamond skiing and sky diving have been more my personal style. But, the speed and skill of racing has captivated my attention. I am not saying I am going to become a snowmobile racer. But as a spectator sport for me, it has been very eye-opening.

Maybe because patience is not my best virtue. I like things to happen fast. I go through life with high expectations and want to see the checkered flag at the finish line of every project. I like blitzing the whoops but will accept a yellow caution flag once in a while. But as soon as the green flag comes back, I will go for it.

Of course, there are two sides to every coin. I don’t always run full-throttle. Everyone needs some time to refuel the spirit — a pit stop so to speak. I can get lost in a book in front of a cozy fire or lay on my back in the grass on a warm summer day and just watch the clouds drift by. It’s all good.

So, I am practicing patience and waiting for the biopsy report. I am confident I will get a green flag soon.

Keep the positive energy flowing.

3 comments:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

God's word says "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see." (Acts 3:16)

The Lord loves you more than even your friends and family do! (And we love you an incredible amount!) Be well.

Pastor Chris Hill said...

Vivian- You will be in my personal prayers for full healing; wanna be on the LOC prayer chain? They do "good work!"
Liked your article on the drummer filmmaker Anderson dude.

Vivian Clark, Messy News Girl said...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Yes, prayer chains DO do wonderful work! Thanks, Chris!
I have another shoot this weekend, but should be back to church soon. My prayers are still with you all! Please pass on to the congregation I am thinking about them, too.
xxoo