Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gotta love Minnesota!


Yep, that was the actual temperature yesterday, Jan. 5 on my way in to work. But the good news is there was no wind chill. So it actually felt more like, um, well, -29. In the sun, however, it felt like about only -20. So that wasn't so bad.

It warmed up to 5 above yesterday and I was almost sweating it felt so warm.

But now today, it is a heat wave! It was 10 ABOVE zero on my way in this morning. Almost took a picture of that, too, but I was in shock. So a big whopping 40 degree difference to the plus side and it is warm. I didn't even wear a hat today. I did bring one, tho, just in case. One just never knows when the weather can change around here. We are expecting a little dusting of snow today. Just enough to wreck a girl's hair spray.

Have a great day! It is a warm one!

Peace.


"Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella." ~Pepper Giardino

(and an extra hat, mittens and bog boots, a shovel maybe, some de-icer, an emergency car kit with blankets, flashlight and chocolate .... BTW, you can quote me on that part.)

2 comments:

Jackypine said...

Our dog died at Christmas a few years ago...I understand. Take care...
Jodi

Vivian Clark, Messy News Girl said...

Thanks, Jodi. It is a sad time. But actually, Bob has made it so far. He is still with us, eating and other things. And wagging his tail. But it certainly won't be long now. I am conflicted between euthanasia and letting the Lord take him. It is a tough decision. One that cannot be made lightly. So, I pray.
Thanks for caring.
Viv