Saturday, August 9, 2008

Backstage on Friday

Jen and I took a little break and went back stage. We ran in to Tom Kat back there. He is the MC of the entire weekend. From what I know, he is an all-around-pretty nice guy. His wife Lynn, (Kitty Kat) also helps with stage production. I am certain they do so much more.

So, Tom Kat asked me if I would like to go on stage for a while. Surely, I wouldn't turn down that opportunity. I have seen many acts behind the scenes, and each one is different not only because of the performers, but because of each crew. And Jennifer had not had the opportunity to do so, so we went up with Tom Kat.

I did not have my big camera with me, only my cell phone camera. But here are a couple of pics I shot of Little Big Town from back stage.












Down to the right is a shot of Tracy Byrd's tour bus. Nice tire, huh?



Oh, I almost forgot. We met Pat backstage. Pat is a steel worker. He is the guy who climbs around in the steel frames and hangs all the lights for the show. I thought I took a photo, but it didn't work out.

So, we were walking around back stage talking to people who work there. We met Brian and Jim, the backstage stage steps guards. They keep guard the steps where the performers walk up to the stage.

So there at the top of the stage was a tree of some sort. It was filled with women's bras. So, I just had to ask. "Why are all those bras on that tree?"

Kenny Chesney was the main act and the closer for Friday night. He was to perform a couple hours later. Apparently, women in the audience have been known to throw undergarments up on stage while he is performing. Well, Kenny's stage crew apparently save them all. "They throw out the ratty looking ones," Brian said. But they keep the rest.

I took a picture, with my cell phone, but you will just have to trust me on this one, that it is very colorful and there were garments in all sizes.






(Brian and Jim)





(Arlyn and Barb, west gate security for back stage. Arlyn has been at the same gate for over a decade of We Fest concerts. Her husband, Don works the east gate. Barb's husband Ed works there as well, but we didn't see him much. I like to go to the same gate when I go back stage and I have been chatting with these two gals for over three years. They guard that gate with nearly the tenacity of the sentinals at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. Nobody gets in without a pass when they are at the gate. And they are there all the time.)

Well, this is all for now. We have to get ready to set up and get back out to the boot shack. I have a ton of stories to share, so come back later for another update.

Peace.

No comments: