Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good morning from Louisiana!

We just crossed the boarder into Louisiana after a wonderful breakfast at the Waffle House in Brookhaven, Mississippi. Everything is so green here. It was fun to wake up to green after driving through a bad snow and ice storm in Iowa and cold rain and hard winds all through Missouri. It is warming up to 50 degrees now. I understand it is already warmer than that back home in Minnesota.

There are 6 of us packed into a Suburban. Five girls and Gary. Anne Shields, Abby Leach, Gary Keifenheim, Carrie Bang, Jenny Orsborn and me, of course.

It is really not too bad, sleeping in a Suburban. Except for the fact that I feel like a cripple and my hair looks like something one might find on First Avenue in Minneapolis at 3 a.m. But that is why I brought a hat.

We should be arriving at Hope Haven in a couple of hours. Then I am thinking that a shower would be a great idea before we go or a long walk to stretch all muscles and joints. We will be on the jobsite at 8 a.m. tomorrow and we are all very excited about it. We will know more about what our assignment is when we arrive.

Until then, I am taking in the lush sceanary. Abby is texting, Gary is doing a crossword. Carrie is napping. Jenny working on her computer. Anne is driving.

TTFN!

Peace.

No comments: