Thursday, February 14, 2008

E-flowers

Happy Valentines Day!

I got an email card from a friend today, one of my girlfriend's from the Cities. Just one of those “forward this on to 10 people and you will have good luck for a day” or something like that. I didn’t forward it, I usually never do. maybe that is why without bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

Honestly, I hardly ever even open the emails that, in the subject line before the actual subject are those dreaded little letters: FW. But, since it is Valentines day and the subject was Valentine Flowers, I figured my only chance at seeing any, let alone getting any flowers, was this email. So I opened it.

It was cute. Nice e-flowers. All roses. And the following message:

May you always have:
One Rose for Unconditional Love
One Rose for Financial Wealth
One for Everlasting Happiness
One for Success
One for Knowledge
One for Beauty, inner and outer
One for Family
One for Honesty
And the last one for a long and healthy life

Those are all very nice. I don’t mean to complain, but that is only nine. What happened to the last three? I am going from memory here, but shouldn't there be a dozen?

So, if I wrote the ending, the last three would be:

One Rose for friendships, both near and far
One for laughter
and the last one for perseverance and strength, both physical and emotional.

I guess I could think of at least five more, but we will stop there.

Now here are my favorite little “love” sayings I found on the inside wrappers of those luscious Dove dark chocolate hearts we have been savoring, one a day, for the last month:

Make someone melt today.
Savor small romantic moments.
A gentle touch speaks volumes.
Discover how much your heart can hold.
Watch the sun come up.
Share a sunset.

And my favorite: Laugh until your heart overflows.

Happy Valentines Day!

And p.s. Those cute little electronic Valentine roses were the only roses, or any other Valentine flowers I will get, so thanks, Gail, for thinking of me.

No comments: