Thursday, February 28, 2008

Clear blue sky ahead

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear – or not.

There are times when clouds cover the sky and things seem a little dark. But
with a gentle breeze the clouds are gone and the world is bright again.

I saw the doctor on Tuesday afternoon. He said that little cancerous
growth on my arm is very “superficial” and in the second lowest level
of an early stage of melanoma.

So, he will do a small surgical procedure today to remove all of the bad skin going all the way down to the muscle. We are praying for clear margins and then I will see an oncologist next week.

There maybe some scarring, he said. So I asked if he could make it a cool looking scar. “I have been thinking of getting a tattoo, so maybe you could just make a sun, or a moon or something and then I won’t need a tattoo,” I said to him. Hedidn’t quite know how to answer that, except he said he would see what he could do.

I am looking to the positive in this situation and in life in general.
There is a lot to be said about the power of positive energy vs.
negative energy. So for now I am concentrating on the power of the
positive and the power of the Light.

I took a deep breath and did some meditating. OK, a lot of deep breaths and a lot of meditating. I have such good friends who are sending angels, prayers and positive
energy my way, and I truly, truly appreciate that and love you all more
than ever. Thank you.

There is a lesson in this. I haven’t figured it all out, but I know it is there. Right now I am thinking it is a wake-up call. Apparently there is something in my life I am not paying attention to, or the wrong kind of attention. And this was a little smack on the head (like an “I could have had a V8) to get me to pay attention and make some changes in my life.

I love the sun! I refuse to hide from it. There is nothing better than lying on the dock or on a boat and feeling the warmth of the sun on my bare skin.

I guess I will use sunscreen this year.

There is a clear blue sky ahead. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

Viv,
It seems weird to be reading your blog to find out what happened, instead of talking to you. I'm still at work, so I'll talk to you tonight!
jeanne