Monday, April 13, 2009

Welcome spring!

I wore my sandals for the first time in Minnesota yesterday — actually outside without socks. I even went bare-foot for a little while. It was nice to feel grass between my toes. Of course, we were a little south of the Brainerd Lakes area. We were spending quality time with my family at my brother's house in Jordan. They have said good-bye to the snow and all of the lakes south of Princeton, it seems, are free from ice.

It is only a matter of time before we can say that up here.

I love holidays. I love holidays for the meaning of the day whether it is Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, birthdays or the 4th of July. But also, those are times when families gather. At least my family. We try to make a point of getting together as much as we can. It seems lately, we need a holiday to do so.

We were missing a few members of our family this year due to work and other family events, but the majority of us were together. And we had a wonderful time. We have not been together since Christmas. That is just wrong. But understandable.

Thanks to Louie and Jeanne for hosting our Easter celebration. I hope those last two eggs are found before too long. :-)

It was so nice to be able to spend so much time outside without snow. It is so nice to have warmer weather returning. It might even make it up north here. When it does, I will welcome spring!

Peace.

No comments: