Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New series on the web at www.millelacsmessenger.com

Okay, so I had this great idea. Admittedly, I am not the first one in the world to come up with this idea. But if it works, it will be a first for the Messenger.

I am thinking about an ongoing series on the website of just "Man on the Street" (or woman, or kid, or whoever) interviews. You never know what the interviews will be about. It could be a live "Mess Asks" or just, "hey you ... what are you doing today."

So watch this video and let me know what you think. Do you think I should do more? Or quite while I am ahead?

The first in the series is "Liberty Man."

So, you see these people all the time. The men or women holding signs on the side of the road. I am not talking about "will work for food" signs. I am talking walking billboards — advertising signs. Like places going out of business, or car wash today, or big sale, or whatever.

So, I have always wondered, who does that kind of job?

I found Aaron. I am guessing at the spelling of his name, because I couldn't understand him. But Aaron likes being a sign dude. He takes his job very seriously. I talked to him for a good 6 minutes and he didn't stop waving his arms for much more than a second.

Watch the video. You will see. Then let me know.

Peace.



2 comments:

Connie said...

Viv,
This is such a Viv idea. What took you so long to come up with this? I love it.
I think you should do a "Man on the Ice" segment bu going from fish house to fish house on "The Lake". I'll bet you would get some good fish stories there.

Vivian Clark, Messy News Girl said...

Hey - good idea! But it was 28 below zero here again this morning! I am so getting tired of this subzero stuff. But on the bright side, tomorrow is suppose to be about 60 degrees warmer than today! and it still wont be above freezing! No wonder Minnesotan's wear shorts in the winter and open windows and lay in the sun when it is 40 degrees.