Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I want to run for Vice President

I have never really had any political aspirations before. But with Sara Palin running, she may have just given me the inspiration I need.

I mean every girl just wants to have fun, right? That is what Cyndi Lauper says.

(Watch this video!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqf9PuKi63E
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. Classic happy song.

So, Ms. Palin decides to run for VP, or is asked by McCain, whatever. The woman has it all.

She can fly an airplane and give birth. She can field dress a moose in 15 minutes. She has a world champion snowmobile racing (not to mention pretty cute!) husband and rumor has it she can play the flute.

Well, I jump out of airplanes, I have no intention of every shooting a moose other than with my camera and I don't even like to fillet a fish (although I have, I just choose not to), I ride my own snowmobile and shoot snowmobile racers (with my camera) and I play the trumpet and guitar.

I might be qualified.

Qualifications aside, what intrigues me most is her new wardrobe budget.

The republican party has paid -- so far -- $150,000 for new clothes and $13,000 on makeup for Sara since she accepted the nomination.

OK, that was just a couple of months ago, right?

If she gets that much money on clothes and make up, I want a run at it.

Apparently, the republican party claims they will donate the clothes to charity after the election. Well, sign me up for that charity! I would take her hand-me-down clothes, but used makeup is a little unsanitary. Just maybe.

What if they win? Does she get to keep the clothes if she wins? And if she spent that much in a couple of months, how much will she spend when she is in the second office at the White House?

I just have to wonder.


Peace.


p.s., I found this video on YouTube, too. Something to watch in your spare time.

No comments: