Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year

By the way, happy new year to you all. It has been a while since my last post (sounds like a visit to a confessional). I have no excuses to offer, I just run out of time.

As for new years resolutions - I don't really believe in them. While I do sometimes say, "Every year, I just want to be nice like Deanne." She is my cousin and has the patience of a saint and never a harsh word for anyone. I am sometimes the polar opposite of that. I know this and resolve to try to be nicer every year. And some days I am. Nicer. Or nicer than other days, so I guess that qualifies.

I believe in setting goals and try not to lower my standards just to meet them. But I am a firm believer in the saying, if at first you don't succeed, try again. So I try and try and try some more sometimes.

My goal this year is a lifestyle change. My goal is to work at one or two areas of my life at a time and make healthy changes. for now, I am trying to eat more veggies and work out four times a week. I joined the fitness center and so far, I am on track for four times a week. I am not going to say the word diet. I am going to make healthy choices and get fit.

I think it is starting to work. At least a little bit. While I don't have six-pack abs, at least I know I have abs. The reason I know this is because they hurt. Someday, I may even be able to see them!

One small step at a time.

1 comment:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

Viv,
I think you're pretty darn nice already! This entry made me laugh. You go, girl! Keep working out and eating healthy.
Jeanne