Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Surprise! Another celebrity

Ok, so I know this is beginning to sound like ET, but it just worked out that way.
Last week, I had the opportunity to meet yet another celebrity. The actual story will appear in the Dec. 19 issue of the printed version of the Mille Lacs Messenger, but I just want to give you a little heads up and hint of what is to come.



I actually did get a one-on-one interview with Adam Beach. Here's what happened. He was visiting the Nay Ah Shing school giving a highly motivational speach to the kids. Afterwards, he was very down to earth and approachable. As he waiting patiently for everyone who wanted to, to pose with him and take their picture (I never knew so many people had cell phones with cameras!) I pulled out the infamous journalist question: "Excuse me, Mr. Beach? I just have one more question, if I may?"

To my surprise, he said, "Just one? How about we grab a cup of coffee and chill for a while?"

So we did.
He takes his coffee black, with a couple sugar packets.



Read all about it in next weeks Mille Lacs Messenger!

p.s. - He really is just a normal nice guy! And a little shy.

No comments: